Sprayed Polyurethane Foam
What is Sprayed Polyurethane Foam Insulation? Quite simply, it is "insulation plus sealant.” As a rigid cellular plastic with over 95% closed cell content, Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation acts as insulation, an air barrier and also a vapour barrier. Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation will cut energy costs and improve comfort levels in any building.
What are the properties of Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation (SPFI)?
- Continuous and seamless with no joints
- Adheres to wood, metal, concrete, masonry, most plastics
- Almost totally impermeable to air
- Durability and long service life
- NewCan be sprayed overhead and doesn't sag
What properties does an air barrier system component (SPFI) require?
- Continuity through the envelope
- Ability to fasten to supporting structure
- Ability to resist peak wind loads
- Sustained stack effect
- Pressurization from mechanical ventilation
Where in the envelope are Spray Polyurethane Foams used?
- Large components
- Connecting large components
Is SPFI recognized in the National Building Code?
SPFI is not only recognized as a protective barrier system while meeting the levels set in the building code, it EXCEEDS these air barrier levels by acting as an air barrier, a vapour barrier and also as insulation. SPFI has one of the highest R-values per inch of any insulating material available.
What are Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation's features?
- CCMC approved for residential use
- Meets CAN/CGSB 51-23.92 specification
- Excellent insulating properties (high R-value)
- Tested by independent laboratories
- Applied exclusively by certified contractors under the guidelines of CAN/CGSB 51-39.92 specifications
- Seamless, no joints or cracks
- Has successfully passed CAN/ULC-S102 and ULC-S127 flame spread classification: 25-500
- Rigid, does not settle over time
- Application and curing temperature -5 C to +35 C
- Service range temperature -200 C to +80 C
What are the advantages to using Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation?
- Its High R-value per inch makes it more efficient than other material used in the industry
- SPFI is airtight, which eliminates all air infiltration
- It is durable and odourless
- It will not settle or shrink
- SPFI is light, versatile and adheres to most clean surfaces